Airport Capital Improvement Plan
The Ann Arbor Airport annually files a ten year AIP Capital Improvement Plan with the State of Michigan as required by the Federal Aviation Administration that shows projects being considered that are eligible for federal and state grant funding. The most recent Plan is available by clicking on the link below.
Environmental Assessment Project.
In February 2009, the City initiated an environmental assessment (EA) process to determine the potential impacts of lengthening the primary runway at the Ann Arbor Airport from 3,500’ to 4,300’. The EA addresses potential impacts to noise levels, air quality, water quality, wetlands, floodplains, plant and wildlife, light emissions, historical and cultural resources, traffic, social and socioeconomic factors. A draft EA has been completed and public comments on the document were received through April 19, 2010. The public comments have been addressed and the EA document has been submitted for FAA consideration. No runway changes have been approved nor can they be considered until the EA process is completed and the appropriate approvals granted.
The draft EA is available by clicking the links below. The full draft EA document is a large file (17mb) so the document has also been split into smaller files to make downloading easier.
To address questions related to the EA process and the potential runway improvement, the Frequently Asked Questions information has been prepared and can be downloaded by clicking below. While both FAQ documents are large, the condensed version is geared more towards non-aviation individuals. The technical version is longer and contains more detail including the specific references to various aviation regulations and practices used in a creating this document. Please look for additional information regarding the EA and an update to the progress of the project at this site in the future.
- FAQ – condensed version, April 10, 2009 (26 page PDF)
- FAQ – technical version, April 27, 2009 (47 page PDF)
- Press Release - April 20, 2009
- Citizen Advisory Committee - May 4, 2009 Presentation Materials
- Citizen Advisory Committee - May 4, 2009 Meeting Summary
- Citizen Advisory Committee - July 20, 2009 Meeting Packet
- Citizen Advisory Committee - July 20, 2009 Meeting Summary
- Runway Overrun Documentation - July 20, 2009
- Runway Noise Presentation - July 20, 2009
- Runway Noise Contour Maps - July 20, 2009
- MDOT ARB Airport User Survey Report - July 2009
- Citizen Advisory Committee - February 22, 2010 Meeting Packet - New Item
- Notice of Public Hearing - New Item
The Ann Arbor Airport produces an electronic newsletter that is distributed via email throughout the year. The e-newsletter is a way to communicate with the users and friends of the airport in a cost effective manner. There is no charge for the e-newsletter and we only need an email address and name to add you to the distribution list. If you are interested in signing up for the list, please email your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current and archived additions of the e-newsletter are available as a pdf file by clicking below.
FlyGreen Fact Sheet summary of initiatives at the Ann Arbor Municipal Airport November 2008 (2-page PDF)