2950 E. Ellsworth Rd. at Platt Road in Ann Arbor
Open Tuesday & Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Open Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Closed Sundays, M-W-F and major holidays.
(734) 971-7400 www.recycleannarbor.org
Your one-stop location for recycling, refuse, and compost! $3 per vehicle fee applies to all customers except for compost sales.
The Drop-Off Station is open to the general public and accepts refuse, recyclables, and yard waste, plus numerous additional items. The Station is operated on behalf of Washtenaw County and the City of Ann Arbor by Recycle Ann Arbor. Prices are subject to change. No paints, liquids, or toxics accepted.
Recyclables ($3/vehicle fee)
Mixed Paper - includes newspaper magazines, office paper, "junk" mail, phone books, paperback books, catalogs, flattened and bagged boxboard.
Corrugated Cardboard and paper bags (flattened)
Mixed Containers - includes empty, rinsed; milk cartons, juice boxes, glass (jars, bottles), plastic bottles & tubs #1,2,4,5,6,7; metals (steel cans, lids, empty aerosols, aluminum cans, foil, pie tins)
* These items are only taken at the Drop-Off Station, and are not collected through Ann Arbor's curbside recycling collection program: Household batteries*, hardcover books*, Styrofoam*(with no food waste) packing peanuts*(bagged), egg cartons (paper and foam*), separated white and mixed office paper, *printer cartridges *plastic grocery bags (#2 & #4 bags, clean and dry) * plastic shrink wrap
Automotive ($3 vehicle fee)
*Car Tires...................... $5/tire up to 16 inches
*Truck Tires.................. $15/tire up to 25 inches
*Tractor Tires............... $45/tire *Car Batteries.............. no fee
*Transmission Fluid..... $1/gallon
*Brake Fluid................. $1/gallon
*Motor Oil................... no fee, limit 5 gallons
*Oil Filters.................... no fee, limit 5 filters
note: $.25 charge for each gallon of oil or oil filter over limit of 5 per month.
*All these items are only taken at the Drop-Off Center, and are not collected through Ann Arbor's recycling or waste collection services.
Tipwall Materials ($3 vehicle fee)
Fees and volumes (to nearest 1/4 yard) are assessed at the Gatehouse. Unload into steel dumpsters near tip wall after payment.
PICK-UP AVAILABLE for an additional charge. Call (734) 971-7400 to schedule a pick-up.
1) Light Waste AND 2) Heavy Waste - Includes all non-hazardous municipal solid waste, such as carpeting, mattresses, furniture, trash, and building debris, drywall, shingles, plywood, painted or treated wood, concrete with steel, or bricks. $26/ cubic yard or $3/bag.
3) Yard Waste - Includes soft yard debris and branches up to 6" in diameter. No stumps or logs. Call for prices.
4) Ferrous (Steel) Metals- Loads of small appliances, gutters, bikes, auto parts (empty of oil and fuel) are charged at $5/cy. No propane tanks or other gas tanks or cylinders. Large, non-Freon appliances (e.g. stoves), $5/each.
5) Non-Ferrous Metals - Aluminum, copper, etc. (no charge)
6) Unfinished Wood - Includes clean lumber (no painted, stained or glued wood/plywood) and pallets. $12/cubic yard
7) Propane Tanks - 20 pound size, $10/each; 1-pound camping tank, $5/each
Compost and Mulch Sales (vehicle fee waived) (734) 971-7400
Municipal Compost: Please call for availabilty and pricing
Mixed Wood Chips: Please call for availability and pricing.
Mixed Mulch: Please call for availability and pricing.
Recycle Ann Arbor can provide compost and mulch delivery for a fee and as supplies are available. Please call (734) 971-7400 for details.
Large quantities of mechanically loaded bulk compost and mulch are handled at the muncipal Compost Center located at the Wheeler Service Center, 4150 Platt Road entrance. Compost Center Web information is linked HERE. Or you may call (734) 794-6380 for the Compost Center hours, prices, and availability.
Special Items ($3/vehicle fee)
Rechargeable household batteries - no fee. Please seal with clear tape on the positive ends for handling. NO alkaline batteries. Also see the Batteries web page.
Fluorescent light tubes up to 4-foot length, including compact fluorescent light bulbs....$1 each, or $10/dozen (if pre-boxed)
Flourescent light tubes, 8-foot length, $2 each
Compact flourescent light bulbs (CFLs), $1 each
Freon appliances (refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.) $28 each
Computer monitors (up to 19") $15
VCRs, metal stereos, microwave ovens, desktop computers, laptop computers, computer CPUs, and copy machines,
Printer ink/toner cartridges, Free
Personal printers, fax machines, $5 each
Office printers and office copiers $.25/lb if over 20 pounds
Computer peripherals (mouse, keyboard, speakers set), $2 or $.50 each individually
CDs, DVDs, Floppy Disks, Free
Cellular telephones (all types, any age), Free