Leslie Park GC is the Jewel of Ann Arbor. Situated throughout 200 plus acres of rolling topography, Leslie Park is continuously rate one of the Best Courses to Play in the City, the County and Southeast Michigan.
Golf Digest awarded Leslie Park with The Best Municipal Course in the State
Michigan Golfer ranks us as One of the Best Courses in Southeast Michigan
The readers of ECurrent magazine recently voted us as The Best Course in Washtenaw County
We encourage you to come out and see for yourself!
Leslie Park's commitment to the environment and our role within the City has reached a pinnacle in 2012 when we became the third course in the State of Michigan to become environmentally certified by both The Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program and Michigan Environmental Stewardship Program.
The Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program for Golf Courses provides an advisory service to help golf courses develop effective conservation and wildlife enhancement programs. This worldwide effort is coordinated by Audubon International and is sponsored in part by the United States Golf Association.
Audubon International is an environmental organization dedicated to educating, assisting, and inspiring millions of people from all walks of life to protect and sustain the land, water, wildlife, and natural resources around them. In addition to businesses, Audubon International also provides programs for golf courses, schools, communities, and new developments.
For more information, contact Audubon International, 46 Rarick Rd., Selkirk, NY 12158, USA, (518) 767-9051, e-mail them via the Internet at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit their website at www.auduboninternational.org.
Michigan Turfgrass Environmental Stewardship certification requires the course to exceed requirements of environmental laws, protect water resources and enhance the maintenance of turfgrass and open spaces.
The mission of the Michigan Turfgrass Environmental Stewardship Program is:
- To advance the environmental stewardship of Michigan's golf industry by increasing the awareness an understanding of Michigan's environmental resources, the potential impacts of golf turf management, and elevate the level of pollution protection;
- To enhance fish and wildlife habitat, indigenous vegetation, and protect water resources with buffer zones on golf course properties;
- To clearly identify environmental laws and regulations and advance the compliance of the golf turf industry;
- To engage the golf industry, regulatory agencies, MSU, and environmental citizen groups in productive communication; and
- To recognize, promote, and award environmental stewardship achievements.
The mission of the program will be achieved through a series of educational workshops, self-assessments exercises and implementation of environmental action plans. As part of a participant's commitment to environmental stewardship, they will sign a statement supporting the Mission and the following Principles of the program.
We're happy to say we're on Facebook. Like our new fan page at http://www.facebook.com/a2golf where you'll get special offers and discounts and be able to view pictures from past events.
We look forward to seeing you this summer!