Ann Arbor Farmers Market Mission Statement
The Ann Arbor Farmers Market is a setting for contact between area farmers and artisans and the public, where:
1. producers of locally grown, raised, and prepared foods and plants can offer their goods for sale directly to consumers;
2. interaction fosters the sharing of information about food, healthy living, and the interdependence of the built and natural environments;
3. vendors and their goods are as diverse as the demographic of shoppers
4. cultural and economic values of food and craft are further enhanced by related educational and promotional offerings;
5. a positive symbiosis exists with neighboring businesses and the surrounding residential community;
6. and where the Farmers Market; as a venue for and contributor to local sustainable practices, is seen operated as a clean and healthy, beautiful and hospitable physical space that speaks to its intended purpose: a direct link between area farmers’ fields and products, and our local kitchens and quality of life.
Approved unanimously on Thursday March 20 2008 at the regular meeting of the Public Market Advisory Commission.