Group & School River Trips
Adventurous River Trips ~ Peaceful Stillwater Paddles Team Building ~ Discover Nature ~ Have Fun
To reserve a Group River Trip:
- Reservations are only for groups of 15 or more people on weekdays only. If your group is less than 15 people just come in and we can accomodate you on all but the busiest of days for we have hundreds of boats.
- View the River Trip Descriptions and Boat Fees & Schedule pages to determine what river trip your group would like to paddle.
- Decide if you would like to rent a Gallup Picnic Shelter, Argo Picnic Shelter or the indoor Gallup Meeting Room to add a party or picnic space to your river trip. Parks also have outdoor grills and picnic tables available to use for free.
- Call the Gallup Livery office 734.794.6240 at least two weeks prior to your trip to make a reservation. The sooner you reserve the better!
- The 1.5-hour Argo to Gallup trip does not require payment before your trip date. The 2.5-hour Barton to Gallup and 4-hour Delhi to Argo trip require full payment one week prior to your trip date.
Group River Trip Details & Policies:
- No refunds except for sustained rainfall, lightning or high water river conditions as determined by Canoe Livery staff.
- Payment can be made by phone with a credit card, or mailed/in person with cash or a check.
- NO alcohol allowed in the parks, boats or vans. It is possible to obtain an alcohol permit with a park shelter or meeting room rental after your time on the river.
- No glass bottles or styrofoam coolers and follow a leave no trace ethic.
- Be sure to tell group members if they should meet at the Gallup or the Argo Canoe Livery depending on which river trip you have selected and time of year.
- Everyone in the group must be on site and ready to go out on the river at the time reserved. Please require members of your group to arrive 1/2 hour before the time of your trip to complete forms and receive a river briefing.
- Everyone will need to sign a Risk Waiver. If group members are younger than 16 years a parent or guardian will need to sign the waiver. You are welcome to print and sign waivers prior to your arrival.
- Dress for the weather, dress to get wet, wear shoes that can get wet and leave valuables behind or be sure to bring or purchase from us a dry bag.
- Lifejackets are required and provided, sizes <30 lbs. to adult extra large.
- The group leader will be required to fill out a rental agreement, leave a deposit of car keys or driver's license, and be responsible for all of the boats rented. The deposit will not be returned until all boats and people have returned safely.
River Trips & Programs for School Groups
We can work with you to provide a river experience that best fits your group for an unforgettable outdoor exploration in boats on the Huron River. Combine your river adventure with fishing, natural science lessons and a multitude of river based topics. Available are canoes (maximum 3 people), 2-person kayaks, 1-person kayaks, kayaks for kids, 4-6 person rafts, paddles, lifejackets, boating instructions and staff to help with or lead your river adventure. Join us for fun river education and recreation! Call Facility Supervisor, Cheryl Saam, for further information and reduced boat rental fees.