Mack Indoor Pool is the City of Ann Arbor’s only indoor public pool and offers a variety of programs and opportunities for every swimmer. Our six-lane, 25-yard main pool has an attached 30-by 42-foot children’s tot pool. A ramp leading into the pool provides for easy accessibility. Our heated indoor pool allows you to swim, even if the weather is not “summer like.” Sign up online for our lessons or programs using our
online registration system.
Season Passes (Valid Sept. 6, 2016-May 26, 2017)
| *The rate is for up to five family members, two adults, and three children (17 and under), all living in the same household. Each additional child is $5.|
Season passes are now half-price until May 26, 2017.
Mack Indoor Pool will be open from Tuesday, Sept. 6 to Friday, May 26. We offer daily admission with no residency requirements, which means everyone is welcome. The Mack pool punch card is good for daily admission for you and your family members. One punch per visit per person. Valid for all public swim and lap swim times. Punch passes are not valid for Master’s Swim times. Passes are only valid at Mack Pool and expire on May 26, 2017.
| 3 and under ||Free with a paid adult|
|Youth ages 4 to 17||$4|
|Adult ages 18+||$5|
|Senior ages 55+||$4|
|10-visit punch pass||$40|
|20-visit punch pass||$80|
Public Swim (including lap swimming)
- Monday-Friday, noon-2 p.m. (four lanes available for lap swim)
- Monday-Thursday, 4:30-9:30 p.m. (two lanes available for lap swim)
- Friday, 4:30-8 p.m. (two lanes available for lap swim)
1-5 p.m. (three lanes available for lap swim).
- Saturday 5-6:30 p.m. NEW Women’s Only Swim. Participants and staff are all female.
1-6 p.m. (three lanes available for lap swim)
Lap Swim Only
- Saturday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. (three lanes available)
- Sunday 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. (three lanes available)
Extended Hours - April 3-7
- Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.–2 p.m. (four lanes available for lap swim)
- Monday-Friday, 4:30–9:30 p.m. (two lanes available for lap swim)
We will be closed April 16.
Special Swim events
Moms swim for free on May 14, 2017 to celebrate Mother’s Day.
Triathlete Training Clinics
Are you training for your first triathlon or are you looking to improve your stroke efficiency to train for your next Tri race? Our NEW Tri
Training program will offer an opportunity to improve your stroke and endurance to prepare you for your upcoming race. TRI Training Schedule
Tuesdays and Thursdays 8–9:30 p.m.
Drop in: $6.25
10 punches: $50 resident/$55 nonresident
20 punches: $90 resident/$100 nonresident
30 punches: $120 resident/$135 nonresident
40 punches: $140 resident/$160 nonresident
50 punches: $150 resident/$175 nonresident
Our NEW Tri Clinics focus on stoke improvement and development. We offer a one to three instructor to student ratio. Instructors will evaluate your stroke and work with you to help make it more efficient and therefore effective during a race. These clinics will not focus on yardage; rather they will focus on drills that will improve your technique and strength in the water. These clinics are for adult swimmers only and will be capped at six swimmers with two instructors.
TRI Clinic Schedule
The following Sundays from 8:30-9:30 a.m. March 12 and 26; April 9 and 23; May 7 and 21. Fees: One hour $15, resident; $18 nonresident.
Mermaid and Merman Classes
Has your little swimmer always dreamed of becoming a mermaid or merman and living life under the sea? In our all NEW mermaid classes, trained instructors will teach your swimmer to move through the water, embodying the magic and skills needed to transform into their inner mermaid/merman. We will work on surface diving, somersaults, turning over from front to back and much more. Each student will be able to use our mermaid equipment throughout the class and get an underwater video of their mer-experience emailed to them. Want to buy your own mermaid or merman tail? Check out
Sun Tails, the fantastic and affordable company we buy our equipment through.
The beginner classes are perfect for swimmers ages 6-9 who are comfortable in the water and can:
- Float on his/her back for at least 15 seconds.
- Go from floating on their front to floating on their back.
- Tread water for 30 seconds.
- Be able to swim and breath unassisted for 15 yards.
The advanced classes are for swimmers ages 8-14 who are comfortable in the water and can:
- Float on his/her back for at least 30 seconds.
- Go from floating on their front to floating on their back.
- Tread water for 60 seconds.
- Be able to swim and breath unassisted for 25 yards.
- Can swim with a dolphin kick for 25 yards unassisted.
Class sizes are limited to eight students with two instructors. Sixty minute class. Fee: $15 resident/$18 nonresident.
Saturday; 6:30-7:30 p.m. April 8
Grown-Up and Me Classes
Saturday; 6:30-7:30 p.m. April 15
Open Mermaid Swim
Offer to those who have taken one mer-class with us or attended one of our mer-parties. General admission rates apply.
Saturday; 6:30-7:30 p.m. April 22 and April 29.
Mack Manta Rays Swim Team
Looking for a fun way to get involved in competitive swimming? If your child, age 6-17, likes to swim, have fun and is interested in meeting new
people, then our swim team is for them. The Mack Pool Swim Team is an inclusive team for all swimmers able to swim one length of the pool,
front crawl. We encourage families and swimmers with special needs to join our club and have experienced coaches to meet the needs of your
swimmer. There will be no mandatory practice or meet requirements for the swim team, and swimmers will be able to determine what they
want their level of commitment to be. The Mack Swim Team will participate in the Southern Michigan Swim League (SMSL) which offers competition in five dual meets along with a championship meet each session. The team will run in two 12-week sessions. An informational open house will be held at Mack Pool Sept 12, 2016. Join us to get valuable information, meet this year’s coaches and find out how we are working to make practices and the team
Ages 11 and up Monday-Friday 4:15-5:30 p.m.
Ages 10 and under Monday-Friday 5:30-6:30 p.m.
$200 resident; $250 nonresident per session. Sign up a sibling and get $25 off for the second, third and fourth swimmer in your household.
All Fun Events
Join us for some great team building and family fun this session as we host some great special events for swimmers and their families. We will be posting upcoming events for you and your swimmers here, so stay tuned! Have ideas for a fun special event? Feel free to share it with coach Becky or any of the Manta Ray staff!
Team Contact Information
Have questions or want to talk to a coach? Contact Becky Frazer or Gayle Hurn at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 734.794.6237.
Is your swimmer interested in continuing to swim even after the swim team session is over? Are you looking to get some addition stroke development and training on starts turns are finishes? Our swim clinics are open to all swimmers who can swim one length of the pool front crawl. Clinics will have a one instructor to four student ratio and will offer individual attention to correct and improve stroke as well as remaining active in between swim seasons. Space will be limited to 16 swimmers. Swim clinics run from 4:30 –5:45 p.m. and the fees per clinic are resident, $10; nonresident, $13.
Clinic Dates and Skills
April 3, freestyle; April 10, butterfly; April 17, backstroke; April 24, Starts, turns and finishes.
April 4, backstroke; April 11, Starts, turns and finishes; April 18, breaststroke; April 25, freestyle.
April 6, breaststroke; April 13, freestyle; April 20, butterfly; April 27, backstroke.
Group lessons are offered for children from the age of 6 months up. Class size is limited. Ability requirements must be honored unless prior instructor approval is granted. Registration will be accepted for at any of the city pools during public swim time, by phone or online.
Session 7, Saturdays March 11-May 6 (no classes on April 15).
Session 8, March 12-May 7 (no classes on April 16).
This program is for babies ages 6 months to 18 months and their parent or adult to become comfortable in the water and to learn skills needed for continued comfort and enjoyment in the water. Fee: $45resident/$55 nonresident.
- Sunday, 10:50-11:20 a.m.
- Saturday, 10:10-10:40 a.m.
This program helps toddlers ages 18 months to 3 years old and their parent or adult to become comfortable in the water and to learn skills needed for continued comfort and enjoyment in the water. 30-minute class. Fee: $45 resident/$55 nonresident.
- Sunday, 10:10-10:40 a.m.
- Saturday, 10:50-11:20 a.m.
Intro to water skills for tykes who are just starting off. Swimmers will be in the water with only an instructor and need to be at least 4 years old to participate in this class. 30-minute class. Fee: $45 resident/$55 nonresident.
- Sunday, 9:30 a.m.-10 a.m., 11:30 a.m.-noon p.m. and 12:50-1:20 p.m.
- Saturday, 9:30-10 a.m., 12:10-12:40 p.m. and 12:50-1:20 p.m.
Fundamental aquatic skills for those who can fully submerge head, float independently, blow bubbles and feel comfortable in the water. 30-minute class. Fee: $45 resident/$55 nonresident.
- Sunday, 9:30-10 a.m., 12:10-12:40 p.m. and 12:50-1:20 p.m.
- Saturday, 10:50-11:20 a.m., 11:30 a.m.-noon. and 12:50-1:20 p.m.
Beginning stroke development for those who can push off the side, flutter kick on back/front with arm actions and float on their front and back comfortably. 30-minute class. Fee: $45 resident/$55 nonresident.
- Sunday, 10:10-10:40 a.m., 11:20-11:50 a.m. and 12:10-12:40 p.m.
- Saturday, 9:30-10 a.m., 11:30 a.m.-noon. and noon-12:30 p.m.
Intermediate stroke development for those who can swim front and back crawl for 10 yards, demonstrate elementary backstroke and enter deep water comfortably. 30-minute class. Fee: $45 resident/$55
- Sunday, 10:50-11:20 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.-noon.
- Saturday, 10:10-10:40 a.m. and 12:10-12:40 p.m.
Full stroke development for those who can swim front crawl for 15 yards with rotary breathing, swim backstroke for 15 yards and tread water for at least 30 seconds. 30-minute class. Fee: $45 resident/$55 nonresident.
- Sunday, 12:00-12:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 11:20-11:50 a.m.
Stroke improvement for those who can swim front and back crawl for 20 yards, demonstrate butterfly and breaststroke, and tread water for 60 seconds. 45-minute class. Fee: $55 resident/$70 nonresident.
- Sunday, 10:25-11:10 a.m.
- Saturday, 10:25-11:10 a.m.
Stroke refinement for those who have coordinated front crawl, back crawl, breaststroke, butterfly and elementary back stroke. 45-minute
class. Fee: $55 resident/$70 nonresident.
- Sunday, 9:30-10:15 a.m.
- Saturday, 9:30-10:15 a.m.
Private swim Lessons
Individual swim instruction for swimmers ages 3 to adult, each private lesson is 30-minutes long and customized to meet the needs of the swimming participant. Please call the pool to find out dates and times available; space is very limited. Private lessons are for one participant only. Fee: Half hour $15 resident; $18 nonresident.
Private Lesson Schedule
- Saturdays, Jan. 7-May 13 | 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. (no lessons on April 15).
- Sundays, Jan. 8-May 7 | 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. (no lessons on April 16).
- Monday-Thursday, Jan. 9-May 19 | 5-8 p.m.
Master Swim is a group of people who are enthusiastic about swimming. This is a year-round program at Mack Indoor Pool (September-May) and at Fuller Park Pool (Memorial Day-Labor Day). They are focused on personal goals of fitness, training or simply having a good time with friends. New swimmers and visitors are always welcome to our swimming community. Our coaches will write up a new workout every day and will be on deck to work with you if you’d like help. Workouts are designed and written to help you achieve your personal goals. With 11 practices a week, mornings and evenings, we offer a schedule to fit your busy life. Monday and Thursday evening practices will be geared towards triathlete and distance swimmers. Fridays will be designated sprint days.
Masters Practice Schedule
- Monday-Friday, 5:45-7:15 a.m.
- Monday-Friday, 6:30-8 p.m.
- Saturday, 7:30-9 a.m.
Masters Swim Sessions
Last Session, March 27-May 25
- Drop in: $6.25
- One day a week (10 punches): $50 resident/$55 nonresident
- Two days a week (20 punches): $90 resident/$100 nonresident
- Three days a week (30 punches): $120 resident/$135 nonresident
- Four days a week (40 punches): $140 resident/$160 nonresident
- Five days a week (50 punches): $150 resident/$175 nonresident
Lifeguard Certification Courses
The Ann Arbor Parks and Recreation American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification program is open to ages 15 years old and up. Participants gain valuable experience to prepare them to be lifeguards when they turn 16. Fifteen year olds who complete this course will be eligible for the city’s Lifeguard in
Training Volunteer Program and receive the following American Red Cross certifications: Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR and AED. Each class meeting will include classroom and pool time. This course is a hybrid course, requiring participants to complete at least five hours of independent work prior to the start of the course. Registration for this course will close seven days prior to the course start date. Register by calling 734.794.6237 or go to Mack Indoor Pool (715 Brooks St., inside Ann Arbor Open School). Fee: $200. No refunds will be issued for failure to pass a certification or recertification course.
Last Session, April 21-22 and April 28-29
Fridays, 4-9 p.m. | Saturdays, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Lifeguard Recertification Courses
The Ann Arbor Parks and Recreation American Red Cross Lifeguard Recertification program is open to current lifeguard certification holders. This recertification course results in the following American Red Cross certifications: Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR and AED. This course is a hybrid course, requiring participants to complete at least five hours of independent work prior to the start of the course. Registration will close seven days prior to the course start date. Register by calling 734.794.6237 or go to Mack Indoor Pool (715 Brooks St., inside Ann Arbor Open School). Fee: $100. No refunds will be issued for failure to pass a certification or recertification course.
Session 3, Apr. 28-29, Friday, 4-9 p.m. | Saturday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Afternoons of special games, activities and prizes both in and out of the pool. Join us from 2-4 p.m. on April 8. We hope to see you there! All activities and prizes are included in the cost of admission. We welcome groups and birthday
parties during these special events!
Bring your own inner tube, and float in the pool as you enjoy a family friendly movie. Showtime is at 7:30 p.m., and admission is $5 for adults
and $4 for children and seniors. Show dates will be:
April 8 – Little Mermaid.
Rentals and Parties
Looking for a fun, affordable location to have a birthday party or family get together? We offer rentals and party packages that can include log rolling, a movie, mermaid or merman instruction or just some fun in the pool. To learn more, call 734.794.6237 and ask for Gayle.
The City of Ann Arbor Public Pool Rules
- All swimmers must take a shower before entering the pool.
- Everyone must wear a clean bathing suit with liner to enter the water.
- No running or horseplay.
- All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by someone age 16 or older.
- All children under the age of 16 must pass a deep end test in order to swim in the deep end.
- Inflatables are not allowed in the pool (balls are permitted). All flotation devices must be U.S. Coast Guard approved.
- Diving is permitted only in the deep end of the pool. No flips, spin jumps, or back dives are allowed.
- No smoking.
- Snorkels, masks, fins, kickboards, and pull buoys are for lap swimming only.
- The City of Ann Arbor is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- The wading pool is for children ages 7 and under accompanied by a parent or guardian. Parents and/or guardians must actively supervise their children.
- No glass containers are permitted within the pool area.
- The consumption of alcohol prior to or while visiting the pool is prohibited.
- Persons with infections, a communicable disease, or open skin irritations are not allowed in the pool.
- No spitting or otherwise polluting the pool.
- No pets are allowed on the pool deck.
- No animals are allowed in the pool.
- All food waste must be disposed of in garbage cans.